Pet Friendly Hotels in New York
Traveling with pets is becoming commonplace, but most hotels are unwilling to accept pets as tiny guests accompanying their owners on a Big Apple tour. Fortunately, there are some very pet-friendly hotels in New York that you should consider if you are planning a trip and want to bring your pet with you. Keep in mind that you will have to pay a little more in some hotels to bring your pet, as they have to disinfect the room to remove pet hair once you are gone.
Affinia is a complete chain of hotels that have properties in New York (including Affinia Dumont, Affinia 50, Affinia Gardens, Affinia Manhattan and Affinia Shelburne) – and all of them could be considered the most accepting pets on the planet. Staying anywhere in Affinia is a real treat for the pet owner and the pet itself – and many Affinia hotels offer the Jet Set Pets program – which offers grooming, training, walking, and psychic for pets (yes, psychic services). Your pet will also be greeted with gourmet treats and the rooms are already equipped with food and water bowls for your four-legged friend.
Hilton hotels, including the Hilton New York, offer pet-friendly accommodations that include a bowl and place mats for the pet in your room and a clean pillow for your pet to sleep on. The Hilton also includes a list of local in-room pet and veterinary services for guest convenience. The Hilton only accepts pets for pets weighing up to 75 pounds, however.
Lots of pampered poo adore Loew’s Regency on Park Avenue. This Pet Friendly Hotels in New York welcomes pets with bowls, sleeping mats, and special menu offers. You will also find services such as grooming, dog walking, catnip treats, and videos just for your pet – as well as the Loews Loves Pets program which gives customers information on local walking routes. dogs, pet services, and pet-friendly restaurants – and the concierge can arrange pet sitters and walkers for your stay. In addition, there is a pet room service menu that offers nutritious specialties for dogs and cats, as well as bottled milk and water. Your pet may never want to leave.
Head to West 57th Street and you’ll find Le Park Meridien, a pet-friendly paradise in New York where pets have access to notebooks, background music, and a pet menu Feed the Party Animal which offers dishes such as steak tartare – everything for your furry friend. No animal is refused at Le Méridien.
Other Pet Friendly Hotels in New York option include:
- The Peninsula Hotel on Fifth Avenue treats pets to a welcome biscuit, dreamy pet bed, in room toys for keeping busy, and on-staff dog walkers.
- Hotel Pennsylvania is a more moderately priced New York Hotel located across from Madison Square Garden that hosts the annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show – and allows up to two dogs per guest room or suite and is very pet-friendly.
- Sofitel New York on West 44th Street welcomes pets from dogs to ferrets with open arms.
- Starwood Hotels – which encompasses all of the Westin, Sheraton and W branded hotels in New York has an LTD program (Love that Dog) which offers a welcome goodie box for pets as well as food and water bowls and temporary identification tags that have the hotel’s contact information on the tag. Your pet will sleep in a pet bed that is identical to your bed and be outfitted in a plush robe with a turndown treat on the pet’s pillow. Some of the Starwood hotels offer doggie massage.
- And for the ultimate in pet pampering, head over to the Ritz Carlton New York Central Park location for the Doggy and Me weekend getaway package that features a gift photograph and a Very Important Pooch program that provides for the use of glamorous pet carriers, 22K I.D. tags for your dog, home baked dog treats, aromatherapy coat treatments and more.
As you can see, no matter where you go in New York City, you can find Pet Friendly Hotels in New York if you know where to look.
You can also check our other article about pet friendly hotels and accomodations.